In bathrooms or en-suites in small spaces, the best option for saving space is a small toilet. They make some of the most efficient toilets for bathrooms with small spaces they come with clever features such as fully-shrouded, smaller toilet bowl, and tanks that are concealed to mention some. They are also appropriate for smaller spaces like studios and bachelor homes, but they are also highly sought-after for RVs.
The leading manufacturers in the market today provide a variety of best compact toilets, which include all the features that are found in regular toilets. There is as much selection in terms of size and shape, type and material, as well as flush type, water consumption, and warranty as you would with the standard toilet. With these considerations in mind, we’ve created an overview of the top toilets for compact spaces on the market in the present.
We look at the best compact toilets for small bathrooms to see what your options are.
How Much space do you need to have a toilet?
The first thing you need to do prior to making plans for a bathroom remodel is to talk to your local authority and obtain the building codes applicable to the area you live in. While there is some standardization in several areas, there are regional variations are common.
The space you will require is according to:
- The distance from left to right must be at a minimum 30 inches.
- Front-to-back distance as well as that of the toilet must be at least 21 inches. However 24 inches would be the ideal measurement.
There are additional considerations you must keep in mind. What is the location of the door and in what direction is it shut and open? In addition, what is the location of the sink relative to the toilet, and how big is it? These are referred to as clear zones. Small space configuration requires expertise and a sharp eye.
Four types of toilets that save space
What are your options for selecting the best type of toilet?
One-Piece Vs. Two-Piece
One-piece toilets are sometimes referred to as single-piece toilets and have the tank and toilet bowl fused into one unit. This may be an advantage because the toilet benefits from a reduced height.
A two-piece toilet, sometimes referred to as a coupled toilet, has the tank and the toilet bowl separated and joined by couplings. This type of commode may be advantageous because two-piece toilets are generally thinner and take up less length.
The tankless toilet makes use of an outlet line that is able to put sufficient pressure in order to drain the basin and get rid of the solid waste. It does not rely on a toilet tank for the flush. The benefit of the tankless toilet is that it allows for compact toilets for small bathrooms since there is no need to install the tank.
Most often, you’ll see tanks-free toilets in tiny areas like downstairs WCs.
Corner small toilet
It’s pretty straightforward. The clue lies found in its name. They are able to fit in small corners and are equipped with specifically designed tanks that are angular. Corner toilets are a fantastic solution for small bathrooms with limited space because they make use of the space that is empty.
A factor to consider when you are buying an oversized model is the price. In general, they are more expensive due to their distinctive style.
Wall-mounted toilets look similar to tankless toilets, with the exception that the plumbing and tank are concealed behind a fake wall. They are accessed through the flush panel. In addition, the toilet is flush with the wall. They are a great solution for reducing space since all of the heavy plumbing is hidden.
The Top 8 best toilets for small bathrooms
HOROW HWMT-8733 Dual Flush Compact Toilet
- Modern Compact Design: This small toilet measures just 25 inches deep by 13.4 inches wide and 28.4 inches high, ensuring plenty of room for comfort in a small space. Great for apartments, small bathrooms, ensuite bathroom and more
- Small but Comfort: If you’re worried that a compact toilet might mean a seat that’s too small for comfort – don’t be. The bowl here is a standard round version, and the space is saved on the tank shape and size; It features a 16.5-inch height seat making it easier for anyone who has a hard time getting up from a low bowl
- Powerful with No Clogs: Siphon flush with two options. The full flush uses 1.6 gallons of water, while the light flush uses 1.1 gallons. That gives you plenty of power to ensure the bowl is clean and also saves on your water bill
- Easy to Clean: The fully glazed bowl is designed to stay clean, so you won’t need to get out the toilet brush often
- Peaceful use: The modern toilet comes with a soft closing PP seat, which will avoid any clattering when you use the toilet, great choice to keep the peace in an en suite bathroom
Take a look at this tiny toilet by Horow and it’s clear it was created to fit into tight areas. The makers paid the greatest emphasis on details when they designed the fixture. There aren’t any weird parts that might affect the positioning of the tank. The lid of the tank was made to be at a level to the side of the tank.
Overall the toilet is contemporary and sleek. It’s a one-piece toilet that has a slim profile. Additionally, it comes with attractive accents that will help to enhance your bathroom’s design. It has chrome-covered buttons, subtle bolt covers as well as a nearly soft closing toilet seat that is lipless. Overall, the toilet measures just a few inches wide. The tiny size offers a wide range of options in terms of installation and positioning.
Installation is fairly easy. The compact toilet is in line with standard installations within the United States. Although it does come with the ability to trap larger quantities of water to work with the dual-flush system, however, the rest of the process is similar to other toilets. Horow comes with detailed instructions to make sure that things run without an issue.
The toilet is completely glazed and is very easy to clean. Since it’s a contemporary one-piece toilet it doesn’t have any secluded areas where bacteria can be able to hide. Inside, the dual flushing system eliminates waste quickly. If you flush it all the way it requires just 1.6 Gallons per flush. For a half-flush, it is just 1.28 Gallons per flush. Because of this, Horow was able to keep the tank small.
Who is this compact toilet ideal for?
This toilet is ideal for those who want an affordable and compact toilet with ease of installation. This is the ideal all-around choice.
|Dimensions (inches)||25 x 13.4 x 28.4 inches|
|Comfort height (inches)||16.5|
|Type of flush||Dual flush system|
Galba Small Toilet Dual Flush system
- WHITE Color - 12" Rough-in (PLEASE CHECK BEFORE BUYING)
- One piece design and Self-Cleaning glazed surface would not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor
- Dual Siphonic Flush. 16.5" Comfort Height. cUPC and MaP flush score of 300.
- Slow closing nesting toilet seat (plastic) included
- IMPORTANT - Check verify rough-in to be at least 12" so this fits. RETURN Policy - Customer is responsible for shipping BOTH ways and 10% restocking fee.
This Galba small toilet comes with a dual flush mechanism that allows you to tailor your toilet to handle liquids and solid waste. The full flush consumes 1.6 gallons per flush of water and the light flush only uses half of the amount. The small toilet also features an ultra-slim tank, however, there’s no compromise regarding the size of the toilet bowl.
Because of its Vortex Vormax flush, it produces enough power to eliminate waste materials. The toilet is a one-piece style, and it’s designed to work well with bathrooms with a modern design. Additionally, the durable plastic is coated in a self-cleaning coating that won’t scratch or scratch.
The toilet’s height is 16.5 inches, meaning it’s an ideal alternative if you have disabled or elderly relatives.
Who is this compact toilet ideal for?
This toilet is perfect for anyone who is looking for the best quality toilet and is willing to pay a little more. It’s a sturdy toilet with many features that last. It’s also the smallest, so it’s ideal for those who are limited on space, this toilet will do the job.
|Dimensions (inches)||24.5 x 14 x 27|
|Comfort height (inches)||16.5|
|Type of flush||Dual flush|
Kohler K-3999-0 Highline Comfort Height Toilet
- Comfort height elongated toilet bowl with a seat height comparable to that of a standard chair, comfort height toilets make sitting down and standing up easier for people of all ages.Seat-mounting holes : 5-1/2" (140 mm).
- 12 inches rough in. Water sense toilets meet strict EPA flushing guidelines, including using at least 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon toilets
- 29 to 1/2 inches (74.9 centimeter) x 18 (45.7 centimeter) x 31 to 1/4 (79.4 centimeter); Seat post hole centers: 5.5 inch
- Class five(R) provides tremendous bulk waste flushing performance and best in class bowl cleanliness
- 3 bolt Installation three pre-installed tank bolts save installation time; For back to back toilet installations: Use only a 45 degree double wye fitting
Imagine the scenario where sitting in toilets was as easy to do as sitting in a normal chair. This Kohler Highline can do exactly this. The comfort height enhances the comfort of toileting for people who suffer from mobility issues, particularly older people. The seat’s height is 17 inches.
Kohler will also ensure that blockages will be not a problem by using a distinctive canister flush valve that delivers a powerful punch and does not wastewater. The good news is it consumes 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon flush toilets. It also meets what is called the American Standard for the flush amount as well as water efficiency.
Who is this compact toilet ideal for?
If you love the dependability of the Kohler brand or love the unique design this one is for you. Also, this toilet comes in more color options than any other. If you want a unique look this is the best toilet. This is also a comfortable height toilet which makes it more accessible.
|Dimensions (inches)||29.5 x 18 x 31.25|
|The comfort height (inches)||17|
|The type of flush||Dual|
|Style||Two-piece compact toilet|
Swiss Madison SM-1T254 St. Tropez One Piece Toilet
- Size: 27 x 15.12 x 31.18 inches.Dual flush with high-performance gravity 1.1 / 1.6 gallon per flush (gpf).16” bowl height..Batteries Required:no
- Seamless porcelain one-piece with an easy-to-clean design
- Elongated comfort height bowl for luxury and convenience.
- Soft Closing Seat closes gently and quietly
- Quick-Release seat can be unlatched from the toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning; no tools required
The Swiss Madison bathroom is a brand new style and has sleek lines. It’s a seamless one-piece that is simple to maintain and comes with a strong porcelain body. It comes with an automatic dual flush system which uses 0.8 Gallons for the light function, and 1.28 gallons of water for full flush.
The compact bowl and slimline length make it a fashionable but functional toilet that is ideal for small bathrooms. It comes with a soft close seat, with a quick-release feature that allows it to be taken off in a matter of seconds without tools and with minimal hassle.
If you’re looking for a toilet that is compact and is a hit this is a perfect choice.
Who is this compact toilet ideal for?
If you’re a fan of the comfort of an elongated toilet bowl this is a great option. It’s the shortest toilet that features a longer seat so if a small seat is a deal-breaker for you go with this one.
|Dimensions (inches)||24 x 13.75 x 28.5|
|The comfort height (inches)||17|
|The kind of flush||Dual|
Woodbridge Dual Flush One Piece Toilet
- [CHAIR HEIGHT DESIGN]:WOODBRIDGE chair height toilet not only meets ADA standards, must have a 17-19" floor to bowl rim height with seat included, but also offer more comfort to taller people and people who have a hard time getting up from a low seat.
- [EASY TO CLEAN]:With a completely smooth, easy to wipe down surface. With our fully concealed trap-way, there are no bends or corners to gather dust. Also, no large mounting holes or ugly plastic caps to be seen.
- [Chrome BUTTON]:A timeless, sophisticated and flattering Chrome-plated top button is included, the flat will bringing out the shimmer of brass and other metal and is perfectly pair with your home's metalic elements.
- [QUITE & POWERFUL FLUSHING]:Siphon Flushing one piece toilet, Fully glazed flush system , bringing a super quiet and powerful flushing - NO clogs, NO leaks, and NO problem
- [Map Flush 1000 Grams]:Best Maximum Performance Flush score of 1000 grams. Highly Recommended Map Scoring Toilet
This Woodridge could have easily won the award for fashion. It’s a single piece and features a clean and modern design. It comes with an asymmetrical flush system that is similar to Galba. Full flush provides 1.6 Gallons of water and the lighter version makes use of a gallon. The toilet has been awarded the Water-Sense certificate for meeting and surpassing every US and Canadian requirement.
What makes this toilet stand out is the high-quality, stainless-steel hinges for the seat and enclosed tramways for easy clean-up, as well as the comfortable the adults can sit and stand up.
It also has the option of a soft-closed seat, which is a fantastic feature to have for parents with children or unreliable relatives. Another thing to be excited about is the quiet flush, which is sure that it will not leak or blockage.
Who is this compact toilet ideal for?
The dual flush toilet features an extremely low profile, which is perfect for people who want to keep their bathroom as open as it can be. It’s however a little more oversized, therefore it’s crucial to be aware of that. Additionally, it has an ergonomically elongated bowl, should you want it.
|Dimensions (inches)||231 x 18 x 28|
|Height of comfort (inches)||16.5|
|The type of flush||Dual|
|Warranty||5-year porcelain, 1-year flush|
Troyt Corner two-Piece Toilet
- MATERIAL - Troyt is a unique contemporary 2 piece corner toilet constructed out of high quality long lasting White Porcelain. The Round toilet bowl is coated with stain resistant protective Reno-Gloss Finish. Includes Slow close toilet seat.
- DIMENSIONS - Our Round bowl Corner Toilet measures 29 Inches Height, 17-1/4 inches Width, 30 Inches Projection and 12 Inches along the wall. The Seat Height is 14-7/8 inches. Does not include Seat lid, floor bolts, bolt covers or wax ring.
- DUAL FLUSH TOILETS - A Push button dual flush mechanism that can save you up to 25,000 gallons of water each year. This cUPC, ADA, ANSI and Watersense Compliance Toilet features 0.8/1.6 GPF Hi Low Push Button Flush - Save money and water.
- SPACE SAVING CORNER TOILET - This Two Piece toilet is beautifully designed to fit in a half toilet or small bathroom corner and save space.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Upgrade or renovate your bathroom with this unparalleled luxury. These are carefully wrapped to avoid any scratches in the transit process. We offer you great value products for your money and a perfect way to spend wisely.
Okay, now we’re on the niche in the marketplace. Corner toilets are distinctive since they use the space inside the bathroom that other fixtures cannot. Imagine having a tiny bathroom but not using every inch. A corner toilet can do the same thing.
This toilet is a two-piece and it is Water-Sense certified and comes with an option for a low or high flush button. This toilet could save as much as 25,000 gal of water every year because of the 0.8-gallon small flush capability.
As with other toilets, make sure that the rough-ins are examined since you have only 12 inches of play. The toilet is made of porcelain that is stain- and scratch-resistant.
|Dimensions (inches)||29 x 17.25 x 30|
|Height of comfort (inches)||17|
|The type of flush||Dual|
TOTO CT418F Aquia – Best Wall-Mounted Toilet
- Dual flush with high-performance gravity 0. 8 / 1. 28 gallon per flush (gpf)
- Compatible with all Carrier brands.Adjustable height 15 to 19 inch
- Porcelain One-piece seamless and easy-to-clean design
- Slymm soft close quick-release seat closes gently and quietly
- All bolts & screws needed for installation are included. Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort
If you’re trying to conserve space by mounting it on the wall of your toilet, this is the right product the right one for those who want to save space by wall-mounting their unit, then this product is for. The contemporary toilet doesn’t require the use of a tank to clean the bowl’s waste but is made to take direct water from the line at greater pressure.
If there is no tank this TOTO model helps to conserve space, cuts down on costs of water, and is compatible with a flushing system that is hands-free. It eliminates the necessity of pushing a lever or a button in order to flush water. It also reduces the chance of spreading or contracting germs.
This model features two flushing systems that let you make use of less water for cleaning the bowl of its contents.
One of the major issues with this model is that it doesn’t come with seat covers or push buttons. These must be purchased separately. You may choose to purchase the Toto SS114-01 SoftClose Extended toilet Seat Cover and the Toto The YT800#WH Round Push Button because these will work with the unit.
It’s also important to remember that the maximum weight limit for the toilet is 700 pounds.
|Weight (pounds)||48 pounds|
|Dimensions (inches)||20.68 x 14.75 x 13.37 inches|
|Height of comfort (inches)||Adjustable height 15 to 19 inch|
|Flush type||Gravity flush|
American Standard 2887.218.020 H2Option
- Chrome-plated top mounted push button actuator
- 2 color-matched bolt caps
- EverClean Surface
- PowerWash Rim scrubs bowl with each flush
- Siphonic action dual flush combination bowl and tankless seat
An industry leader, American Standard features toilets of all shapes and sizes. Today we’ll talk about their H2Option two-piece that has a round shape that allows you to save those couple of feet of flooring within the smallest space. The bathroom comes WaterSense certified, which means it produces exceptional low water consumption which means savings on your water bill. The partial flush feature conserves water but does not reduce effectiveness.
The model comes with a rim with a pressurized design that allows water to flow into the toilet on a regular basis. This feature is able to scan the bowl to ensure it is kept clean. The PowerWash siphon jet and rim remove any bacteria that may have accumulated on the surface of the bowl, which is an important function for those who want to enjoy a clean bathroom without putting into a lot of elbow grease. Additionally, there’s an EverClean surface that keeps the bowl clean which reduces the need for manual cleaning.
Installation is simple for anyone who is aware of the basics of the standard rough-in of 12 inches to the drain pipe. The installation process is similar to other toilets with two pieces, this one has grommets and bolts already installed. The loose components that have been pre-assembled will be a very valued time-saving component of the installation.
The seat is not included when you purchase the unit. A few reviewers have commented that the toilet stalls are occupied prior to refilling the tank takes about 2-5 seconds.
|Weight (pounds)||91 Pounds|
|Dimensions (inches)||29.75 x 15 x 29.5 inches|
|Flush type||Siphonic dual flush|
Make sure you are aware of the essential aspects of a small toilet
Each toilet has the same basic characteristics, but in the case of a small space, you might have to be more careful in your selection of the most compact toilet. Here is a comprehensive description of the things you should think about.
In the majority of cases, the width and height will not cause any issues, and it’s the length or front-to-back distance that will be an important aspect.
As there are space clearance issues on the front of the toilet set, your best choice is to opt for shorter toilets. Cutting off a few inches to free up additional area for flooring is what you’re after. Choose a product that is within the limits to 25 inch or lesser lengthwise, and pick one of the most compact options offered.
All of our choices currently, with the exception of one, are in compliance with this rule giving you a lot of choices.
Type that you require
There are basically two kinds of constructions available for toilets. The first is a dual-piece toilet. This is the most popular kind. In this type of construction, you receive a toilet with a separate tank as well as a bowl. Should one or both components require replacement the bowl can be replaced only the one that is required to be replaced with no impact on the others.
A one-piece toilet is when the tank and the bowl are joined. This results in a cleaner finish and easier cleaning without visible seams that hold dirt or dust.
For space-saving, the one-piece is the winner because there is no requirement to create any space in order to hold the tank. However, the only drawback to these toilets is that they do have a higher price than the two-piece toilets.
Toilets are typically equipped with small or elongated bowls. Although the width is similar for all, however, its length makes a toilet smaller. The smaller sizes are generally about 2 inches shorter than bowls with an extended length.
Most people are more comfortable with an elongated style toilet as there is more support for the thighs in the larger seat. If you are a fan of the convenience of a longer toilet bowl but you’re short on space, then look into a hybrid known as”the compact-elongated” toilet.
The one-piece is able to fit into the same area as the front toilet with a round shape but has an extended bowl. The GALBA model MU133 is an excellent example of an elegant design and well-rounded features.
Concerning the materials, there is a choice between vitreous and ceramic porcelain in the design of the bowl.
Of these, ceramic is the most robust and durable material that is inexpensive to make. It is impervious to water, easy to clean, and can accommodate the heftiest of users with no sagging.
Vitreous china is a glazing technique that is added to the porcelain, which makes it stronger and shinier.
Water consumption for better economy
The amount of water used by toilets isn’t the same as it used to be. This is so much that older toilets can use up to 3or 5, or 7gallons for each flush.
However, the latest, higher efficiency toilets use only as much as 1.28 GPF (gallons each flush) of water, such as TOTO MS853113E Ultramax. This can help conserve water, and all of the models that we recommend as our suggestions fall into this category. Low flow models only use up to 1.6 grams per cubic foot.
Type of flush
There are a variety of different flushing methods. In the most popular options, you will come across the gravity flush system which makes use of water to create the pressure needed for flushing. This is then a force that forces everything out of the bowl and tank through the trapway. The siphoning process completes the flush and cleans the bowl.
A modern approach to flushing is the system that uses pressure, which utilizes compressed air to force the water to drain. This method will bring the water out quicker than the gravity system, but it will also be louder.
For the eco-conscious consumer who is concerned about the environment, an extra step will be double flushing technology. It gives you the option of either an incomplete flush or a full one. Saniflo 023 Sanicompact is an excellent example of a flushing system that doesn’t use any water.
Two-piece toilets that are standard weigh around 55 pounds. Their one-piece counterparts can be up to the weight of 88 pounds. This is because the single-piece toilet houses the ceramic tanks , and will certainly weigh more. If you’re not searching for a portable model its weight shouldn’t be a problem. But, Nature’s Head Self-Contained Composting Toilet weighs around 28 pounds and is easy to take apart for convenient transport.
Although single-piece toilets are heavier to move about, however, their installation is simpler. There is no hassle in joining the tanks to bowls, and after you’ve got the unit set in place, the installation is done.
Installation of the two-piece toilet, However, the installation for the two-piece toilet it is simpler because you can handle the bowl and tank independently. This lets you split the weight of the two components. This makes it simpler for one person to complete because it does not require carrying lots of weight.
It is important to be precise when mounting the tank on the wall to prevent leaks later. If you’re not confident in your DIY skills take expert help instead.
As you’ve already seen pressure-assisted toilets contain a wide range of efficient features, but all that high Octane power can cause lots of noise. They have loud flushers If you’re looking for something quieter, you can opt for the traditional gravity flushing method such as the TOTO MS853113E Eco Ultramax.
A less important, but annoying issue with noise is the sound of a toilet lid slamming. If you’d like to avoid hearing a brick fall when someone opens the lid of the toilet, opt for a toilet with an inclined seat that closes slowly. There are toilets that have seats with a slow-close that can be removed making cleaning simple.
The most trusted brands will provide an assurance that ranges from a year to a lifetime. It could be a manufacturer’s warrantee or a limited warranty for mechanical components, a limited warranty for chinaware, or a guarantee on flushing equipment, toilet accessories, and toilet seats. It will differ between brands from one to another, however, it is important to look for assurance when investing in the compact toilet.
FAQs Compact Toilet for small bathroom
Is a One-piece Toilet Better Than a Two-Piece?
It’s all about the style you prefer. A one-piece toilet looks more contemporary and is less tall, however, it could be heavier than a two-piece. A two-piece toilet is a greater height but could be more suited for narrow gaps. If you wanted to go for the classic look for your bathroom, you’d most likely opt for a two-piece toilet.
What is the function of a compact toilet differ from a standard-sized toilet?
The functional features of both toilets are alike in terms of their size, with the length being a major distinction. It is possible to get all the features of a normal-sized toilet, but with a smaller footprint.
Are smaller toilets more difficult to maintain?
They aren’t. The same techniques for cleaning that you would for a standard toilet, and so long as you do this regularly and you are not having any issues.
How do I prevent developing mold within the space behind my toilet when I have a tiny bathroom?
It’s not a surprise to discover mold growing behind the toilet due to the damp, dark location. To avoid this occurring, some of the most common precautions include checking regularly for leaks, having adequate ventilation, and keeping the humidity within the toilet to a minimum. Regularly cleaning the area can also prevent this issue to stop it from becoming worse.