What are the best space-saving toilets for small bathrooms? We’re all not fortunate enough to have large, expansive bathrooms, but finding the most efficient toilets for tiny bathrooms or in your powder room can be just as difficult. But don’t you despair! A comprehensive review of the top toilets that are compact for small areas and a buying guide with innovative solutions is exactly what you’re looking for.
A bathroom with a smaller size is the place where the most compact toilets can be found. We’ll examine the top smaller toilets that are ideal for small bathrooms and range from practical heights to toilet lids with slow-closing designs designed to enhance the comfort of those who use the toilet. Naturally, if you’re thinking about the installation or upgrade of your toilet the first thing to take is to contact the local authority to obtain an official code for the building code for the location that you live in.
There is a standardization of the majority of these regulations however, some areas could differ. General guidelines for the required space to compost toilets:
- Minimum of 30in from the left to the right
- Minimum 21 inches of space from front to back including how long your bathroom is. But 24 inches is desirable.
Other factors to keep in mind when choosing the ideal compact toilet are the location of the door and the way it can be opened or closed. Also, as well as where the sink is located in relationship to the toilet and the size of the toilet. These are the obvious zones. Small spaces with tight corners require the most skilled and sharp eye.
4 Best Space-Saving Toilets For Small Bathrooms Fast Picks
Installing a smaller toilet can be a way to manage the small space in your conventional bathroom and make it look larger. If you are struggling with your bathroom space, switching to smaller toilets will allow you to alter your bathroom.
Types of Compact Toilets
There are four kinds of toilets that you can find. They are all constructed with space-saving features to be able to fit into the bathroom of any size. These include:
These toilets come with an empty tank and a bowl combined to form one. They’re a good choice for those who want the toilet to be lower in height.
Two-piece toilets have a tank, and bowl that are separated and joined with couplings. They are typically slim and shorter.
The Corner Model
These toilets are specially designed to fit in the tiniest corners of your tiny bathrooms. Corner toilets are a fantastic solution for space-saving and have specially-designed tanks. But, they could be more expensive due to their unique design.
Wall Mounted Toilet
They are similar to models for toilets with no tank. But, their tanks are hidden behind a fake wall that is accessible via the flush panel. Wall-mounted toilets are an ideal space-saving solution since the tank and the other plumbing systems are protected.
Toilets that are tankless typically use no tank. They are reliant on the water supply, which has sufficient pressure in order to drain the waste out the drain. They are available in various smaller models that can be placed perfectly in any bathroom.
1. GALBA The Best Compact Toilet One Piece UPC Short Compact Bathroom
- WHITE Color - 12" Rough-in (PLEASE CHECK BEFORE BUYING)
- One piece design and Self-Cleaning glazed surface would not scratch, rust, fade, or discolor
- Dual Siphonic Flush. 16.5" Comfort Height. cUPC and MaP flush score of 300.
- Slow closing nesting toilet seat (plastic) included
- IMPORTANT - Check verify rough-in to be at least 12" so this fits. RETURN Policy - Customer is responsible for shipping BOTH ways and 10% restocking fee.
With 24.5 inches of length and 13.5 inches of width, the Galba is one of the very few toilets that are one piece and ideal for bathrooms with small spaces. It comes with a dual flush option that uses 1.6 GPF for the full first flush, and 0.8 GPF for the second flush. The power of flushing is sufficient which makes it effective in water conservation.
Galba small toilet comes with an easy-close lid. The soft-close seat is 15.5 inches and is a good height, even for taller toilet users. It also features an elongated bowl that adds to the overall appearance of your bathroom, regardless of its size. Similar to the Galba toilet comes with a smooth body that is easy to maintain and clean.
This toilet model is designed with an emphasis on ease of use. So, you can be sure of an enjoyable and relaxing bathroom visit. Furthermore, Galba small toilet also has other great features like sturdiness and the capacity to hold greater weight than the majority of small toilets.
2. Kohler 3810-0 Compact Elongated Toilet
- One piece toilets integrate the tank and bowl into a seamless, easy to clean design
- Compact elongated bowl offers added comfort while occupying the same space as a round front bowl
- Comfort height: Feature offers chair height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults
- Standard left hand trip lever included
- 1.28 gallons per flush (gpf)
It is the Kohler Santa Rosa is one of the most effective toilets to use in a bathroom with limited space due to its impressive features. It’s designed to provide the best comfort, with minimal space and making use of less water to flush.
It is a single-piece design that includes the bowl and tank welded together. This frees up space that could have been taken up by a standard toilet seat. The elongated bowl is a nice complement to the sleek design as it is small enough to save an enormous amount of space. Even with the small bowl, the toilet seat stays very comfortable.
The flushing design is based on the principle of gravity. It decreases how much water is that is used up as well as the occasions that you’ll need a plunger to clear the toilet. The technology makes sure that everything flows through the drain in one flush using the trapway and tank built to form a powerful siphon that aids in the flushing. This makes sure you’ll use less water every next time it is time to visit your toilet.
Kohler compact toilet is known for its ingenuity regarding comfort this model is not an exception. The toilet seat is constructed with silent close technology. There’s nothing worse than going to the bathroom in the middle of the night and releasing yourself as quietly as you can just for the toilet seat to shut abruptly and wake up the entire home. With the help of quiet close technology, the toilet seat shuts down slowly and quietly, protecting you from embarrassment.
The comforting design of Kohler toilets doesn’t stop there. The toilet seat can be adjustable to a suitable height for older adults who may face difficulty in getting to or from lower levels. The strain on your knees and back when you get off the toilet should be a problem that is no longer a problem when you utilize the Kohler toilet.
The final but certainly not the last quality that I like the most about this bathroom is its easy installation. Contrary to other compact toilets which require hours of assembly and require you to contact the plumber to get it done the Kohler 3810-0 is able to be assembled and installed in just two hours.
3. American Standard Concealed Trapway Cadet 3Toilet
- Compact, elongated design
- EverClean Surface maintains the cleanliness of the toilet bowl
- Includes slow-close seat and lid for silent, no-slam convenience
- One-piece construction eliminates the gap where dirt and grime collects for easy cleaning
- Right Height bowl for sitting and standing comfort is ADA compliant
American Standard is an iconic brand. American Standard brand has existed for many years and is acknowledged for its creation of the top small-sized toilets that are ideal for bathrooms with limited space. In addition to toilets, they also make brand also make bathtubs, faucets, and tub surrounds to assist in modernizing your bathroom. The 2403.128.020 bathroom model is regarded as an ordinary American toilet that is very efficient when compared with other toilets.
This compact toilet is a single flush toilet, with an elongated seat that occupies less space than a bowl that is round. Despite the single flush, the toilet is equipped with chemically resistant valves that guarantee that you will have a less septic flush. The small and compact size means that it can be able to fit in the bathroom, leaving room within the wall.
The toilet seats’ soft-close design is a further benefit that provides comfort and comfort. This design will ensure that the seat won’t close with a sound of a slam when you use it. The toilet is 1.28 GPF which is more efficient when it comes to conserving water. It is more efficient than any other toilet on this list. The 1.28gpf is 20 % less than the suggested 1.6 grams per square foot, which helps to reduce your water bill at home.
4. Swiss Madison 1T112 Modern Small Toilet
- Dual Tornado flush with high-performance gravity 0.8 / 1.28 gallon per flush (gpf).
- Fully skirted design for sleek look and easy cleaning
- Environment Friendly WaterSense toilets, meet strict EPA flushing guidelines.
- Elongated & Comfort height bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Soft Seat to close slowly and quietly.
This Swiss Madison modern toilet features an elegant and compact design, which is perfect for bathrooms with limited space. This toilet is equipped with an easy-closing lid and an ideal height that won’t hinder people who have back or knee problems. Furthermore, the extra bowl makes it more comfortable to sit in it and climb up and thus increases the level of comfort.
Another benefit to this compact toilet is that it conserves the use of water in the bathroom. This means that you’ll save water costs regardless of whether the dual flushing system is operating in operation. If you use this Swiss Madison small toilet, you’ll be amazed by the way one flush can leave the bowl sparkling clean. This will save you time using the toilet since you don’t require another flush to push all of the waste down the drain.
Its Swiss Madison Model is the perfect choice for every bathroom because of its sleek and contemporary design which elevates the overall appeal. The Swiss Madison is also available in models with mechanisms that assist in minimizing the buildup of waste in the bowl, ensuring that you ensure that your toilet is always clean.
5. Horow HWMT-8733 Dual Flush Compact Toilet
- Modern Compact Design: This small toilet measures just 25 inches deep by 13.4 inches wide and 28.4 inches high, ensuring plenty of room for comfort in a small space. Great for apartments, small bathrooms, ensuite bathroom and more
- Small but Comfort: If you’re worried that a compact toilet might mean a seat that’s too small for comfort – don’t be. The bowl here is a standard round version, and the space is saved on the tank shape and size; It features a 16.5-inch height seat making it easier for anyone who has a hard time getting up from a low bowl
- Powerful with No Clogs: Siphon flush with two options. The full flush uses 1.6 gallons of water, while the light flush uses 1.1 gallons. That gives you plenty of power to ensure the bowl is clean and also saves on your water bill
- Easy to Clean: The fully glazed bowl is designed to stay clean, so you won’t need to get out the toilet brush often
- Peaceful use: The modern toilet comes with a soft closing PP seat, which will avoid any clattering when you use the toilet, great choice to keep the peace in an en suite bathroom
I would always recommend this Horow HWMT-8733 compact toilet bathroom to anyone in search of a simple-to-fix toilet that has simple DIY instructions. It comes with a rough-in length of fewer than 26 inches that can fit into the tightest areas. It is a modern design and looks very comfortable and has a number of characteristics that make it an essential item.
A bowl that is fully glazed ensures complete cleanliness and comes with a siphon flushing mechanism which enhances the efficiency of water. The toilet features a strong flush that is able to clean all in one pass. The seat closes softly to prevent hitting. A quiet flush can be excellent quality for your peace of mind.
6. Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Small Toilet
- BONUS HALF BATH: The Sanicompact is a self-contained dual-flush toilet system used to install a half bathroom up to 9 feet below the sewer line, or even up to 120 feet away from a soil stack. For residential use only.
- DUAL PURPOSE: The Sanicompact will also discharge gray water from a sink. The wastewater drains into a 1.25” hose connection in back of the toilet.
- EFFICIENCY AT ITS FINEST: The standard dual flush version uses 1.28 gpf or 1 gpf and uses less water than any regular toilet but with the same efficiency. The push button activates a timer and a solenoid valve in order to fill and wash the bowl.
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS: Motor: 0.5 HP oil-filled thermally protected; Noise level ≤ 53 dBA (Lp) (measured at 3 ft.); Discharge rate at 9 ft: 24 GPM; Certification code: CSA (IPC, NSPC); Connections: Sink
- 4 YEAR WARRANTY: All of Saniflo's products have a 2 year warranty with purchase, and an additional 2 years is added with registration. Our warranty program can offer peace of mind, should a problem arise.
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact compact toilet is your best choice if require a toilet to fill the space of your bathroom. The compact toilet will be used in places where gravity drain is not possible.
The toilet has the dual flush option, and you could also connect to a sink should you wish to use greywater to flush. This is a great option for those who want to keep their water consumption low. However, should you choose to go with the entire flush you’ll utilize around 1.28 Gallons of water. A gentle flush cuts that amount of water by half.
It is easy to mount the toilet on the floor with the floor bolts that are included in the set. The tankless design, as well as a concealed grinder and pump, simplify the installation process. It is able to stay in place and is sturdy, even if is in a small closet.
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact Saniflo 023 Sanicompact is the ideal size for a normal bathroom toilet. Its design is perfect for bathrooms with small spaces that don’t require extensive plumbing. The contemporary and comfortable design is a great accessory to the bathroom’s aesthetic design.
7. Cimarron Comfort Height Two-Piece Toilet
- Comfort height elongated toilet bowl with a seat height comparable to that of a standard chair, comfort height toilets make sitting down and standing up easier for people of all ages.Seat-mounting holes : 5-1/2" (140 mm).
- 12 inches rough in. Water sense toilets meet strict EPA flushing guidelines, including using at least 20 percent less water than 1.6-gallon toilets
- 29 to 1/2 inches (74.9 centimeter) x 18 (45.7 centimeter) x 31 to 1/4 (79.4 centimeter); Seat post hole centers: 5.5 inch
- Class five(R) provides tremendous bulk waste flushing performance and best in class bowl cleanliness
- 3 bolt Installation three pre-installed tank bolts save installation time; For back to back toilet installations: Use only a 45 degree double wye fitting
The compact toilet is a second two-piece constructed using quality to fit into small bathrooms. Like other quality, Kohler products Kohler this toilet does not alter the attractive aesthetics and efficiency.
One of the most notable aspects is its gravity-enabled toilet which is only 1.6 Gallons for a full flush. It also has a consistent flow of water through the bowl, making sure that the flushing process is swift and extremely strong. Furthermore, Cimarron two-piece the best compact toilets come with an average toilet seat height that makes them very comfortable.
This Cimarron bathroom model is simple to install. It comes with a support made of metal located at its foot to save the trouble of digging a trench to install tanks. In addition, the yellow seal that is found on the toilet’s rim will keep the possibility of leaks or swelling. It also prevents shrinkage and shrinkage.
8. Woodbridge Dual Flush One Piece Toilet
- [CHAIR HEIGHT DESIGN]:WOODBRIDGE chair height toilet not only meets ADA standards, must have a 17-19" floor to bowl rim height with seat included, but also offer more comfort to taller people and people who have a hard time getting up from a low seat.
- [EASY TO CLEAN]:With a completely smooth, easy to wipe down surface. With our fully concealed trap-way, there are no bends or corners to gather dust. Also, no large mounting holes or ugly plastic caps to be seen.
- [Chrome BUTTON]:A timeless, sophisticated and flattering Chrome-plated top button is included, the flat will bringing out the shimmer of brass and other metal and is perfectly pair with your home's metalic elements.
- [QUITE & POWERFUL FLUSHING]:Siphon Flushing one piece toilet, Fully glazed flush system , bringing a super quiet and powerful flushing - NO clogs, NO leaks, and NO problem
- [Map Flush 1000 Grams]:Best Maximum Performance Flush score of 1000 grams. Highly Recommended Map Scoring Toilet
Woodbridge one-piece toilets are among the very few toilets to have dual flush features designed to accommodate all of your bathroom requirements at home. Its design is intended to be used in small spaces and has an appealing aesthetic appeal that will improve the mood of your bathroom.
It also doesn’t have sharp corners, grooves, and lines that are hard which makes it easier to maintain and clean. It’s also a lot easier to install as compared to other compact toilets to fit in a bathroom with limited space. It has floor bolts, which are hidden behind the wax rings. However, you’ll be able to tighten them and make them stronger.
If you install the Woodbridge dual flush toilet has been properly installed it is 22 inches in height. This makes it suitable to be used by anyone who is of any height. Additionally, it has a powerful flush that has its water drawn by gravity from the bottom of the bowl to the top inside the bowl. The dual-flush system makes use of 1.6 GPF for a complete flush and 1 gpf for an easy flush.
Other features include a low profile, a sturdy cushioned seat that can be closed easily as well as a huge lid that prevents the water from splashing out.
9. TOTO MS853113#01 Compact One Piece Toilet
- Water consumption: 1.6
- Package Weight: 91.0 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 73.66 L x 68.58 H x 71.12 W (centimeters)
- Included components: ULTIMATE ROUND 1-PC TOILET W/ SC SEAT--COTTON
If you’re remodeling your bathroom and require an affordable toilet that matches the tiles and sinks – TOTO should be your preferred brand. It is constructed of white cotton and will match your bathroom fixtures well. It also has many great features that make it among the best compact toilets that you can purchase.
It’s compact enough to fit in odd bathroom rooms. It allows enough room for the bathroom to have an attractive appearance and reduce the amount of clutter. It’s also light and easy for a single-person to move for DIY installations. It is important to note that this toilet is also a single-piece item, like the other toilets I’ve reviewed.
Its toilet seat is tiny and improves the overall look of the building. The seat is equipped with soft-close technology to ensure that it does not slam shut. The toilet is normal height, meaning there will be no issues sitting or getting up. It doesn’t have any Sanagloss cover and is easy to clean just like a regular porcelain toilet.
I am amazed by the quietness with which the toilet flushes. This is an enormous positive in my opinion. The peaceful flush to the system that is behind it. It is based on gravity and an expansive flush calve to ensure that everything is flushed down the drain swiftly and without hassle. This is the best part of Toilet TOTO MS853113.
There are certain features that draw an array of critiques. Although the toilet flushes quietly but it doesn’t always become clear after one flush. It is necessary to flush twice in order to have the perfect bowl. This means you have to take more water each time.
10. Swiss Madison SM-1T257 Sublime II Compact One Piece Toilet
- Dual flush with high-performance gravity 1.1 / 1.6 gallon per flush (gpf). Item dimension L: 24 x W: 13.81 x H: 27.31 inches
- Seamless porcelain one-piece with an easy-to-clean design
- Compact bowl ensures plenty of room for comfort in small spaces
- Soft Closing Seat closes gently and quietly
- Quick-Release seat can be unlatched from the toilet for easy removal and convenient cleaning no tools required
Its Swiss Madison toilet is an elegant, right-sized toilet style that features a comfortable height and an elongated toilet and also meets EPA specifications to ensure water efficiency. It is equipped with a gravity-fed double flush, which uses 0.8 grams for the light flush function, and 1.28 gallons when it is in the full flush.
Despite the dual flush mechanism which can make water flow continuously it flushes quite well. Additionally, it comes with an extremely compact toilet bowl as well as slimline width, which allows it to be stylish but also practical and perfect for small spaces.
The only drawback is that the seat is constructed of plastic material which shifts quite a bit which makes the seat uncomfortable. But when you have the right seat this toilet isn’t just cost-effective but is also great for small bathrooms.
11. Kohler Veil Intelligent Toilet
- Comfort Height offers chair-height seating (about 2-in Taller)
- Compact, streamlined 1-piece toilet with integrated bidet
- Toilet seat included with purchase
- Dual flush offers a choice of 0.8 or 1.28 GPF
- Thankless design with direct water supply
The reason why this toilet is ranked lower than other toilets in this review is due to the price. If you’re looking to purchase a premium compact toilet for your small bathroom, then this is the one to be your choice. It’s one of the most efficient tankless toilets.
Kohler Veil Kohler Veil is one of the most beautiful designed toilets that makes use of pressurized water to flush, unlike gravity-flush toilets. It’s also commonly referred to as a bidet and toilet combination.
The toilet is totally hands-free. As soon as you enter the bathroom the lid of the toilet will open automatically, and once you have finished your task, it will close in a sequence. There is no need for a lever in order to clean the toilet. It will flush itself automatically.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
The Veil includes an integrated bidet. For a clean-up, after you use the toilet, 78 fine nozzles wash your body thoroughly with heated water that has been infused with air. After that, you’ll be cleaned with warm air, which can be controlled by five levels.
This stainless-steel wand could be adjusted upwards or backward in order to wash a wider area and wash people of various dimensions. When you press one button, you may also select the oscillating or pulsating wash function. You can also opt to have both simultaneously.
Its seat sits at an ideal height for comfort and is heated as well as has an LED nightlight. This means you will be able to enjoy your bathroom journey regardless of whether it’s freezing or not. The light of the night illuminates the toilet bowl using blue light, so it is not necessary to turn on the lights in your bathroom in the dark.
One thing that might hinder you from using the toilet you’ve always wanted is the cost. If you don’t be hesitant to invest a little cash in your bathroom, do not hesitate to consider it. You’ll be glad you did.
Compact Toilets For Small Bathrooms: Buying Guide
As you will see, there are many smaller toilets specifically designed for bathrooms with smaller spaces. But, to select the best toilet for you here are some of the top things to think about:
In the beginning, you’ll need to determine the size you want your toilets to become. Some compact toilets aren’t the same dimensions. Although many are similar in size it is important to take a measurement of your bathroom to find out the size of your bathroom. have. One method to determine the required space is to draw what dimensions are needed for the bathroom you’re planning to purchase by putting tape laid on the floor.
Keep in mind that you shouldn’t squeeze the toilet into it. Instead, make sure to leave a bit of room surrounding the toilet. Also, make sure to determine the rough-in. The standard in most cases is 12 inches be sure to determine the correct size for your bathroom to ensure you don’t purchase a toilet that isn’t suitable for you.
Are Compact Toilets Comfortable?
Another crucial aspect to take into consideration when purchasing compact toilets is comfort. The toilets in compact sizes can lack the comfort of traditional toilets since they are less spacious than traditional toilets. If you are looking for a comfortable toilet for you there are some details to think about. For starters, search for toilets that have the proper height seat, which is usually slightly higher. Additionally, the toilet with smaller elongated bowls rather than a circular one can also be more comfortable.
Which Rough-In Is Ideal For Smaller Bathrooms?
To determine the best rough-in for smaller bathrooms it is important to understand the meaning of rough-in. The majority of the best compact toilets use rough-ins of either 12 or 10 inches. These numbers indicate what distance is between the wall space and the middle of the bathroom. If you’re trying to install a toilet in smaller bathrooms the 10-inch rough-in will be the ideal choice. This will allow you to save two inches. So, if you’ve got 12 inches of rough-in space, purchasing an ultra-compact toilet is much more efficient than trying to squeeze regular toilets in your bathroom.
What Is A Half Bathroom?
As the name suggests that a half bathroom is one that does not have all fixtures for bathrooms. The bathroom of this kind has just a sink and toilet, not a bathtub or shower. Half bathrooms are typically compact and, therefore, are perfect for toilets that are compact. They are typically located on the main floor of the home and are used mostly by guests.
Can A Toilet Be Positioned In The Corner?
Many who want to save the space in their bathrooms are asking if it’s possible to position toilets within the corners. It is indeed possible to put toilets in corners and more importantly, certain toilets are made with an angular shape that can fit into the corner. But that does not mean it can save space.
If, however, you have toilets that are located at the corners, you do not need to be concerned over “knee spaces” between the small bathroom and your wall. Be aware that the majority of codes require a minimum of 30 inches of free room between the bathroom and any other sanitary fixture. Additionally, you should also have a minimum of 15 inches of distance between your toilet and its wall.
Benefits of a Compact Toilet
Many people are hesitant to purchase smaller toilets, believing that it isn’t equipped with amenities. But, they are a great option, particularly for smaller spaces. They are simple to tidy. Additionally, they are available in standard height, which is perfect for adults and kids but takes smaller space.
Installation of compact toilets is generally easy. However, the process of installation differs between models, so make sure to follow the instruction manual for the user. While some models may be more challenging than others, generally it’s a simple process.
* Be sure to disconnect the water supply to the toilet that is currently in use and make a final calculation prior to starting the installation.
Be aware that there are distinctions between models with two pieces and one-piece, therefore certain parts of the procedure will need to be reviewed in the user’s guide.
After the toilet has been installed, you are able to reconnect the water line and switch it on, but prior to using the toilet, you should flush it several times. There may be leaks, so it’s best to spot them prior to use.
It is recommended to hire an expert. A poor installation can cause the unit to become damaged over time. In the end, you could spend more money on repairs.
The majority of compact toilets can be set up exactly the same way as standard toilets. If you’ve already put in an existing toilet, installing a smaller model shouldn’t be an issue.
Cleaning a small toilet is just as important as washing any kind of toilet. Some toilets come with options that allow them to remain cleaner longer. It is recommended to aim to clean the toilet once every week. If you keep the unit clean regularly, you won’t have to take off any potential build-up and make life easier all around.
The Best Space-Saving Toilets For Small Bathrooms Conclusion
Bathrooms are a crucial area in the house. It helps you get fresh up before the day and relax. To do this, it is equally important to ensure that it is comfortable to use. It is possible to achieve this by installing a small, compact toilet that is designed to meet the needs you have. This can help you save on space and stop the need to spend a lot on remodeling.
Look also – Top-7 The Best Luxury Toilet Reviews 2022
What’s a compact toilet?
In essence, a smaller toilet occupies lesser space. This is accomplished by giving the toilet a smaller water tank or seat or going for a round bowl in lieu of an oval bowl. One-piece toilets are also known to be smaller and more compact than two-piece toilets.